Even though Croatia is a very small country, Croatia had a huge impact on world. Here are some fun facts and inventions that came out of Croatia that shaped our lives!
1) The mechanical pencil and the pen were invented in Croatia by Slavoljud Penkala
2) Nikola Tesla is born in Croatia and he stands out to be the inventor of the alternating current, the system that we use today to power our homes and businesses
3) Marco Polo, the world famous traveler, was born in Croatia on the island of Korčula
4) Parachute was invented in Šibenik,Croatia by Faust Vrancic
5) The White House in Washington DC was built in marble brought from the Island of Brač in Croatia
6) Ivan Vučetić from Croatia was the inventor of the fingerprint recording system
Share the knowledge
Groupit Travel, A Subsidiary of Unique Travel & Getaways, LLC
UNIQUE TRAVEL AND GETAWAYS, LLC. DBA: GROUPIT TRAVEL is registered with the State of Florida as a Seller of Travel. Registration No. ST40615.
Site created by Voyager Websites
We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our clients. With that goal in mind, we encourage our team and our partners to understand, accept and celebrate differences among people. We welcome everyone and prohibit all discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, physical ability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender.